Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cancer Sucks!

My Mom, my rock was diagnosed with Colon Cancer this year. She has been such a trooper, they did surgery and took out 18" of her colon & diagnosed her as having stage 3 cancer. After she had her surgery she got infection, so they cut it back open and she has had a big hole in her stomach for several weeks now. I have been taking her up to the wound clinic at LDS hospital where they put a vacuum on her to speed up her recovery. Wednesday the 27Th she went in for surgery again to have a purple power port put in just below her collar bone. After everything she had been through, it was a breeze. Next week she meets with her Chemo doctor & probably will start chemo right away. I told her to put a Christmas tree on her refrigerator so that every time she goes in she can put another ornament on in reminder that this will be all over by Christmas. (The best Christmas Present ever) Please remember my mom in you prayers!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Sounds like she has been a trooper. We will continue to keep your Mom in our prayers.

The Crump Girls said...

Your Mom is in our prayers every day. What a Christmas present your family will have this year!! Hope to see all of you soon.

Thomas Family said...

Wow Shoogs, I never knew your mom was so sick. I am so sorry to hear about her cancer. What a long and hard road for her and your family. God bless you all.

Unknown said...

Oh Tonya...I saw this blog several days ago and have just been so sad about how sick your mom is!! I will certainly remember her in my prayers!! And you! Hang in there!!
Love you!!
LaDawn